Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Story

Dear Whoever Is Listening,

     High school...such a short period of time in our lives, yet so many people make it out to be the Superbowl of life. I'm sure you have heard the term "the high school experience" more than once in your life. What the hell does that even mean? My high school experience is whatever happens to me while I'm in high school, and whoever tells me that I'm missing out on high school because I haven't gone to one football game is full of it! I take pride in my school but that does not mean my world has to revolve around it. Life is life and sometimes shit just happens, but that's the perspective I can't seem to keep track of. My birthday is coming up in about a month and I'm not gonna lie....I am dreading it. I hate to bring in superstition but bad things happen on my birthdays, starting since I was 8. I had my first party and invited 12 so-called "friends" to come skating. They all said they would be there, well only 2 showed up. Just last year someone I love said goodbye 5 days prior to my birthday. I'm 18 this year so I'm really worried I'll lose my best friend, my dad will die, or my legs will fall off, but whatever happens I can't lose perspective and just have to roll with the punches. I have to stop trying to control what happens and worry about changing how I can react. Life doesn't have to be as hard as I'm making it out to be but it sure ain't easy.


                                                                                                Yours truly,
                                                                                                 Rose

KEY
Setting- Blue
Character- Green
Conflict- Italics
Theme- BOLD
Plot- Orange

1 comment:

  1. i can totally relate to this! everyone makes high school and birthdays out to be this huge deal that is supposed to be awesome... all that really does is disappoint you!

    ReplyDelete